Monday 2 May 2011

BDH

The Wonders series was probably what got me started on this project in the first place around this time last year, and I suspect it was the animations that excited the artistic side of me the most. In the latest series they upped their game with the simulations of space. 


They make opening sequences and visuals for a lot of TV programs and are clearly a very polished and well known company. What interests me the most about them is the methods they must go through to create specifically scientific animations - is it all artistic license or do they use data? I would love to see their workings of how they get from abstract theories and facts about space to such rich wonderful sequences.

Bad Astronomy sung its praises in this blog post

And it "enchanted viewers who have praised it on a string of space blogs.
Tre Gibbs wrote on one: ‘Haunting, Beautiful and amazing... The images almost seem to be sped up to a speed that allows us to view beyond our miniscule life span and observe the different phenomena that has transpired in our universe from the beginning of time.
‘Engaging, frightening, awe inspiring. We have NO IDEA what lies beyond the fragile safety of our atmosphere.’"- Daily Mail

BDH did have a brilliant video on Vimeo 'A Cosmological Fantasia' of all the animations stitched together to music but for some reason it has been removed.. If it gets put up again I will link it here.


Incidentally I am in the process of editing Wonders of the Universe to music, as I did for the first series - but this is really a side project and very much a cheesy fanvid rather than a substantial addition to my research journal!

No comments:

Post a Comment