Tuesday 11 January 2011

We are setting up for the exhibition tomorrow!
I have put this site as my contact source so if anyone has been directed here from that, welcome! My email is theodorasutton@hotmail.co.uk if you need to contact me, or find me on twitter @custardonmynose.

I haven't been able to exhibit what I have been doing most of and what I like the best. It is getting late and I am racing around my room sellotaping paper balls to mirrors and turning the lights out and seeing what it looks like in the hope that it will be better than what I'm exhibiting.. The thing is, the stuff I'm making at the moment is installation and not very easy to put up, look after or take down! so that's why I'm going with simple projections for the exhibition.

This is my artist statement that is accompanying my work.

'My work is inspired by astronomy and the physics of space.
Through the medium of installation, animation and photography I have been investigating light and the way that it falls onto curved surfaces.
Precision and mathematical positioning within a space draw onto the orbits of planets around suns, and suspended spheres become cosmic bodies that hand against the black backdrop of space.
My work attempts to combine both a scientific visual style with a beauty that I find not only in the images we see in astronomy but also the concepts and ideas that they open us up to.'


The pieces are:

Cosmic Contours - projected, photoshopped glass ball






Black Planet - projected, photoshopped glass ball



(possibly) Experiment - projected, science footage in frame



Untitled (colours edited) - Glass ball, OHP



I hope they go down well!

Theodora

No comments:

Post a Comment