Wednesday 5 January 2011

I have acquired some great materials over Christmas which I'm hoping to use soon, firstly I found a great circular mirror in my Auntie's old barn which hopefully I can use in an installation or experiment - but more excitingly,
I GOT AEROGEL!
My Mum actually ordered me some from America and got it shipped over in two tiny boxes all cased in foam. It is so cool. When it's lying on your hand you can barely see or feel it. Here is a reminder of what it is and what you can do with it...




I really need a projector to play around with it so I'm waiting until I'm back at college.


Elective Work

I have been doing dangerous things and measuring pieces of wood for my paradox box. I've had to make it a little smaller than planned as I found some free wood that was only an inch too small, its quite thick mdf, I have no idea how to suspend or support it and I have no idea how I'm going to cut precise holes into it but hopefully when I get back the technicians will be helpful.

Here are my latest experiments!





so here is the list at the moment...
Cutlery in toaster
Mobile phones on petrol can
Metal in a microwave - I'm not doing this. I don't want to break the microwave. But here are some people doing it on youtube



Running with scissors - Can't really document?
Plug in water
Sulphuric acid in a water bottle - (what? where can I..)
Plastic bag on a child / on someones head - do in London
Eating out of date food - again how to document?
Necklace sweets on an electric wire
Rake at the bottom of stairs
Cigarettes - do in London
Untied shoelaces - do in London

I remembered this Green Day video from back when I used to sit and watch music channels, it pretty much sums up what I'm doing at the moment


Baker's Dozen Exhibition

I made the posters and postcards over the last week or so, and after a few tweaks here are the final images...





Yay! come to the private view if you can, it should be great.
Still not sure what I'm showing yet, we'll have to wait and see.
Toodles

No comments:

Post a Comment