Wednesday 26 January 2011

I'm about to start making the footage to project onto the aerogel for my assessment. I know that I want:
pastel colours
organic style animation
eclipses

I'm using the footage from the Wonders episodes that I used before, along with some clips of ink on the OHP.


Planet Meat from David L. Cooper on Vimeo.

This is just the texture of a maple leaf put onto a sphere using Maxon Cinema 4D. I realised today that I need to make the footage I'm projecting onto the aerogel look like its on a spinning planet, so I am downloading a trial version here

http://www.maxon.net/en/downloads/demo-version/demoform-nl-add/choose/cinema-4d-demos.html

In the meantime I have found a way to create a similar effect using Sony Vegas - here it is with a tiny bit of the Wonders footage





I'm pretty sure that if I just get lots of abstract, sideways moving footage and put on the same effect it will work well on top of the aerogel.

I'm also:
Painting the inside of the projection box black

writing a reflective essay on my blog

printing out a million photos for my studio space

doing drawings from NASA

documenting all my PPD

AAAAAH!

No comments:

Post a Comment