Saturday 1 May 2010

"Right now I'm eating scrambled eggs, with a comb" Manny

This place is disgusting. I know student life is notoriously grubby but these halls really are the pits. If you were a clean freak, you could spend your entire waking life here spraying bleach and still there would be germs resiliant enough to infect you. I suspect the residents of Furzedown leave with not only a valuable experience of student parties and social benefits, but armed with an incredible immune system.
Its not like these are radical thoughts, we regularly comment on the 'strange substance' in the kitchen, the 'unusual smell' that erupts from the cooker hob when used and the general stickyness of the place.
From the viewpoint of 'tickling the old immune system' being beneficial, perhaps these are all good things. Maybe there should be a study on deaths and illnesses in later life of ex-habitants of Furzedown.
I am beginning to long for the day when I will not have to, in preparing a meal, fish out a slimy fork from the bottom of a bin bag and 'wash' it with a cruddy scrubbing brush. Home is the clear winner when it comes to cleanliness (HOME HAS A DISHWASHER) but I hope my house in September will not have to suffer the neglect that our own cleaner Sonia inflicts upon our communal areas..

No comments:

Post a Comment